tuco

Current weather obs

Postby tuco » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:01 am

Currently
6:30am
26.0 C
29.6 C apparent

Pity I can't get out and ride today.
I think we can do better. I KNOW we can do better.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:30 am

Too hot for me....just looked at Canberra report for the weekend,going to be cold and dry 3-18,just how I like it.Plus a bit of rain on Saturday to settle the dust :D

stryker84

Postby stryker84 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:38 am

Ah, classic Goldilocks:

We have papa bear Tuco in QLD - "It's too hot!"
And mamma bear TLL in Canberra - "Nope, too cold!" (don't worry TLL, you're "female" solely for illustrative purposes)
And me, baby bear: Melbourne's weather today 14-21degrees - "Ahh, just right." (esp for a great midnight ride)

tuco

Postby tuco » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:49 am

stryker84 wrote:Ah, classic Goldilocks:

And mamma bear TLL in Canberra - "Nope, too cold!" (don't worry TLL, you're "female" solely for illustrative purposes)
And me, baby bear: Melbourne's weather today 14-21degrees - "Ahh, just right." (esp for a great midnight ride)
I wasn't saying it is too hot to ride, if fact it's great riding weather, I can't ride due to medical tests being performed today.
Haven't been able to eat so no energy.

stryker84

Postby stryker84 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:53 am

tuco wrote:
stryker84 wrote:Ah, classic Goldilocks:

I wasn't saying it is too hot to ride, if fact it's great riding weather, I can't ride due to medical tests being performed today.
Haven't been able to eat so no energy.
Sorry, that should be "Too hot for ME" ;)
Okay, so I exaggerate, 30+ would be 'too hot', 26-29 is just 'probably mildly uncomfortable'.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:02 am

and I wasn't mamma bear either :shock: ,30 up top would be too hot for me but freezing cold in ACT is just the way I want it,but I can handle just a little bit chilly too.I love the cold,think it comes with the inbuilt wetsuit of fat (fast dissapearing) that I carry around.Just want it reasonably dry as I just put a new gruppo on and want the mud to stay away.

Blybo

Postby Blybo » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:13 am

Melbourne is beautiful this morning. Although sunny outside I put the leg and arm warmers on as usual as I thought it would be a normal chilly start to a sunny day. No No No.

First set of traffic lights I got to the arm warmers came off. Should of taken the leg warmers off too but couldn't be bothered getting off the bike. Hope it stays this good in the arvo, G/F has the day off and is doing the Warbuton trail with a friend as the final long ride before ATB. Showers are forcast for the afternoon but I just want to commute in glorious Melbourne sunshine.
The older I get, the better I was...

cray-

Postby cray- » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:18 am

32deg forecast for Perth on Saturday :( might actually have to get up early and go riding instead my usual lazy ride sometime after lunch....oh noes!!!!11

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:16 pm

cray- wrote:32deg forecast for Perth on Saturday :( might actually have to get up early and go riding instead my usual lazy ride sometime after lunch....oh noes!!!!11
Heading off to do the Waterous Trail on Saturday and Sunday, camping out Saturday night. Should be a great weekend with great weather.

First ride to put Joe to the test with panniers on him (and oh, my first "tour"). Guess who is an excited little boy :)

Andrew

Blybo

Postby Blybo » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:44 pm

Good luck with the tour.

Melbourne has turned "waterous" this afternoon :( and I've got the new roadie (which I planned to keep for dry weather only) and no wet weather gear with me. I hope the g/f took her vest on the Warbuton trail, it's 70 k's return :lol:

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:45 pm

Go out and get her wet mate. You won't rest until you do and once you have, you'll go back to worrying about your comfort, not the bike's.

Richard
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it

stryker84

Postby stryker84 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:41 pm

what do you mean, "waterous" ? twas pretty nice relaxing drizzle, really... though I got a lovely black stripe all the way up the back of my raincoat.

Actually, no, not all the way up, there's a blank patch that corresponds nicely to the black stripe going up my shoulder bag. :roll:

europa

Postby europa » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:51 pm

current weather obs suggest my washing might be in trouble. Good thing I went for my ride earlier 8)

Richard

Blybo

Postby Blybo » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:15 pm

stryker84 wrote:what do you mean, "waterous" ? twas pretty nice relaxing drizzle, really... though I got a lovely black stripe all the way up the back of my raincoat.

Actually, no, not all the way up, there's a blank patch that corresponds nicely to the black stripe going up my shoulder bag. :roll:
Yep it eased off at just the right time. It had been raining/drizzling in Richmond for about an hour when I typed that. Dry start to ride home and drizzle started 10 minutes from home ut not enough to get me wet :D

Bluerider

Postby Bluerider » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:58 pm

Well I'm pissed ! Typical Melb !! :roll: heading down for the motogp tomorrow morn :)
His Felt Carbon F5C ' 07.....
Giant MTB
Hers Cell MTB
Kids Mongoose x 2 Tricycle x 1

Birdman

Postby Birdman » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:07 am

Well being in Newcastle we were warned for treacherous weather and thunder storms.

I heard 1 clap at about 8 and then before i went to bed (yep still in trouble on the futon), i went out to install some pumps and bags to my ride i heard about 3 minute drops....and that was it.

Damn stinking hot though!!!

Mitch.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKYS. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Until next time...

europa

Postby europa » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:22 am

Must have rained here last night, I had to tip water out of the dog's bowl so he could have a crunchy breakfast rather than mush.

Richard
and yes, the washing was on the line overnight :roll:

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:30 am

europa wrote:and yes, the washing was on the line overnight :roll:
That is my wardrobe 8)

Andrew

Birdman

Postby Birdman » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:33 am

You didn't lose any socks into the wormhole to Kalgrm's door did you???

Mitch.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKYS. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Until next time...

Blybo

Postby Blybo » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:55 am

Bluerider wrote:Well I'm pissed ! Typical Melb !! :roll: heading down for the motogp tomorrow morn :)
[rant on] OK, this is one of those Sydney centric quotes that really gets to me. I have a number of Sydney clients that I have to joke politely with when they bag Melbourne weather. Without going to the BOM for the exact facts I believe that Sydney gets more than twice the annual rainfall of Melbourne and roughly twice the number of wet days :roll: . Yes Sydney is warmer, but it is only around .8 of a degree warmer averaged out over the year.

Sorry, not aimed at you in particular Bluerider but I'm passionate about this and love Melbourne and could never contemplate living ANYWHERE else.[/rant off]

I'll be watching from the warm comfort of my home theatre :twisted:

tuco

Postby tuco » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:19 pm

Blybo wrote:
Bluerider wrote:Well I'm pissed ! Typical Melb !! :roll: heading down for the motogp tomorrow morn :)
[rant on] OK, this is one of those Sydney centric quotes that really gets to me. I have a number of Sydney clients that I have to joke politely with when they bag Melbourne weather. Without going to the BOM for the exact facts I believe that Sydney gets more than twice the annual rainfall of Melbourne and roughly twice the number of wet days :roll: . Yes Sydney is warmer, but it is only around .8 of a degree warmer averaged out over the year.

Sorry, not aimed at you in particular Bluerider but I'm passionate about this and love Melbourne and could never contemplate living ANYWHERE else.[/rant off]

I'll be watching from the warm comfort of my home theatre :twisted:
As a Victorian I'll back you up on the rainfall being higher in Sydney than Melbourne. That is a fact.
And as for 4 seasons in a day, god that pissed me off. I lived there for 20 years and never experienced 4 seasons in a day.

I better stop ranting or I'll start on the interstate rivalry which the media hypes up. We're one bloody country, why cause troubles? Oops, I think I started on it, I better stop.

Blybo

Postby Blybo » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:28 pm

Well 4 seasons in 1 day was written by a kiwi ferchristsakes :shock: . Neil Finn did live in Melbourne for most of his adult life so it had nothing to do with interstate rivalry... to start with anyway. I was in NZ in April and nearly froze me ar$e off.

Birdman

Postby Birdman » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:46 pm

''I just got hail in newcastle" mitchell pronounces out loud as he steps back from the impending doom which was laid down in a written challenge merely moments earlier. :shock:

Mitch.

please don't fight back NSW

Until next time...

warthog1

Re: Current weather obs

Postby warthog1 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:44 am

Thread dredge.
Been around since those days under my previous username, miss some of these characters.
Anyway there is a Sydney specific weather thread, for those of us who don't live there, somewhere to post perhaps.

Bendigo has shizenhausen drizzly rain today on my first day off.
Time to clean the workbench up in the shed :oops: to make space for the slow cooker and chain waxing.
Been sitting there a while. Time to do it.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

foo on patrol

Re: Current weather obs

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:59 pm

I had a convasation with TLL's a little while ago on Strava. :idea:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km